RPT is the “instance” of AMS designated to run reports. Since it is not a “production” system, it has no data input capabilities. As such, it is a great place to run reports and view information. Since it is geared for reporting, it produces output much more quickly than AMS and has no negative effects on production users. RPT is also available more often than AMS as it does not carry production data. Its contents are copied from AMS every morning, under normal operating conditions. The procedure for setting up RPT is described below.
Note: Depending on your network and desktop configuration you may not be allowed to add shortcuts to your Desktop. In which case the following procedure will not work. Please consult your Network Administrator.
- Go to your DESKTOP.
- Right-click on the AMS icon.
A drop-down menu appears.
- Select the COPY or CREATE SHORTCUT option.
- PASTE the shortcut to your Desktop, or if you used the CREATE SHORTCUT option, it’s already there. You have now created a copy of the original shortcut.
- Right-click on the new icon. A drop-down menu appears.
- Select the RENAME option and call it RPT.
- Right-click on the new icon and select the PROPERTIES option from the menu.
- Select the SHORTCUT tab.
- In the TARGET section look for the string “3205.” Change it to “3210.”
- Press OK to save your changes. You now have access to RPT.
Sign-on as you would access your regular AMS session.