Intune Pre-Migration Checklist
- Create a ticket in the Enterprise Service Centre for each UTORcsi client’s Intune migration. Follow this format: Category: Hardware (ITS/Digital Workplace; Short description: inTune migration (UTORid); Description: include service tag of the machine that needs to be migrated to the Intune environment).
- In the ticket, create a task for an auto checklist to be generated. Follow this format: Short Description: Pre-migration interview (client's UTORid).
- Assign the task to Shane Baccas.
- A unique checklist (.xlsx file) will be generated and added to the ticket. For each UTORcsi client, check that the information generated in the checklist is correct and modify the checklist as needed (see checklist details below for instructions).
- Save the updated checklist and modify its name by adding “_updated” to the original name.
- Upload the checklist to the ticket.
Use this guide to understand the checklist and what updates to make to its corresponding cells in the .xlsx file.
A2: Service tag of the client’s primary computer.
B2 : Client’s UTORid.
C2: Client’s first and last name.
D2: Client’s primary email address.
E2: Client’s phone number, if available.
F2-K2: Skip sections.
L2: Check which Network Shared Drives client has access to. If the cell is empty, run “net use” command in PowerShell to see all available network shared drives.
- Tell the client to back up all files they need from Downloads/Pictures/Music/Video folders, as well as folders they created on C: drive (if applicable), as the files stored in those locations will NOT be backed up by the Digital Workplace.
- Files can also be copied to the client's H: drive or, if the files are large, to their OneDrive or an external drive.
- Leave “False” if the client has already backed up all necessary files from these folders.
N2: Confirm that the client has admin rights on this computer. Leave the cell empty if they do not have admin rights.
- Confirm which software the client uses on their computer and will still need access to after moving to Intune. Double click on the O2 cell to see the full list of software.
- Software that is listed in the checklist but is not used by client needs to be removed from the checklist. If there is any software that is not on the list, it needs to be added.
- To check what software is installed on the computer, go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features.
- Verify printers installed on the computer.
- Add printer names if it they are not listed in the checklist.
- Remove printers that client does not use from the checklist.
- To check what printers are installed on the computer, go to Control Panel --> Devices and Printers.
Q2: Enter TRUE if the client has an e-token. Otherwise, enter FALSE.
- Inform the client that all files that are now in their H: drive will be moved to OneDrive and they don’t need to back them up separately.
- Check that the Settings.MDS (Desktop) and My Documents folders don’t exceed 2GB in total. If they do, advise the client to move large files to the root of H: drive or to move them to OneDrive before the migration (assist if needed).
- Confirm/Enter the location of client’s Outlook .pst archives (if available).
- To check the location of the client's PST archives:
- Open Outlook. Go to Files --> Account Settings --> Data Files. Enter the name and location path of all archives (if applicable).
- Check if there is an R: drive and if there are any .pst files stored there.
- If there are .pst files in R: drive that are not already listed in the checklist, please enter their location into the S2 cell using this format: R:\nameofyourpst. If some .pst files are in folders, use this format: R:\foldername\nameofyourpst.
- Check if there are any .pst files in client’s H: drive. Go to H: drive --> Documents --> Outlook Files. If there are, click on the address bar to highlight the location.Copy the location into the S2 cell in the spreadsheet and add the .pst file name to it. It should look similar to this: H:\My Documents\Outlook Files\nameofthepst.