Accessing the B6 Phase 2 ProgramStart the B6 Process by Logging into AMS. Once logged on, access the program using the following path: Information Systems >> B6: Salary Detail >> PTR SpreadsheetThe application will load data relevant to your user profile and present you with the Planning and Budget B6 – Dept PTR Allocation Spreadsheet. The screen is displayed below.
- After the B6 Phase 1 Worksheets have been completed, approved by the Divisions and audited by Planning and Budget, the calculated Phase 2 salary increases will be sent back for divisional/departmental allocation.
Please note that the data used in this document is artificial. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- All employees in the budget unit are displayed along with their PTR/Merit allotments.
- The calculated PTR/Merit allotments are displayed in their various pools at the top of the screen, including the Net FTE for each pool. The calculations are based on your Phase 1 B6 Salary Data submission, excluding any employee records belonging to self-funded units. The Administrative merit pool is calculated as 3% of the appointed salary base (i.e., it does not include TBAs).
- The worksheet area in the centre of the screen displays the individual allotment, including both ATB Amt and PTR/Merit Pool Contribution.
Moving Around the B6 Phase 2 “Main Menu” ScreenTo see more information on the current employee data, use the following quick keys:
To see more information on the current employee data, use the following quick keys:
|To the right one cell at a time||on horizontal scroll bar|
|To the left one cell at a time||on horizontal scroll bar|
|One row down||on vertical scroll bar||¯|
|One row up||on vertical scroll bar|
|One screen down||on toolbar||PageDown|
|One screen up||on toolbar||PageUp|
|To the last record in the list||on toolbar||Ctrl+PageDown|
|To the first record in the list||on toolbar||Ctrl+PageUp|
Selecting a ColumnTo sort or find records in the list you must select a COLUMN:
- Point at the column heading for the column you wish to select.
- Click on the words in the column heading.
- The whole column will be highlighted.
- To unselect the column, click on the heading again.
Selecting a Row
- Point at the grey box at the left end of the row.
- Click once.
- The entire row will be highlighted.
- To deselect a row, click on the grey box again.
Locating an Employee Record
It is possible to move quickly to a specific employee using the Find and Find Next functions.
- Click on the column heading of the column you wish to search (e.g., Surname). The column will be highlighted. If you do not highlight the column you wish to search, the entire spreadsheet will be checked beginning at the first column.
- Click on the Find button . The Find dialog box will appear:
- Enter the text (e.g., surname of a sought individual) in the Find field. You need not type the exact case. For example, type: MERCER in the field.
- Note: Wildcard characters such as an asterisk “*” or a question mark “?” do not function as wildcards. The search feature is not case sensitive and will seek strings without the use of wildcards.
- Click on E . The first record containing a match will appear in the top row of the column. If this is not the record you seek, click on Find Next button .
Main Menu Toolbar
The functions available on the toolbar are described below:
- You may specify a group of records to work with by selecting one the follow boxes listed at the top left of your main screen:
- Funds Centre
- PTR Category
- GL Account
- Multiple filters can be applied.
- Only records that fit the criteria of your filter will be displayed on the spreadsheet.
- To recover all your records, remove each filter and select enter on your keyboard.
PTR Category Values
- In the PTR Category Value box, select the group you wish to work with and validate your selection. Only records and the pool calculation for your selection will be displayed. The following groupings are available:
Using the Spreadsheet
- In the spreadsheet, click the edit/change button and place your cursor in the Merit Amt column.
- Enter the PTR/Merit allocation for the first employee. You do not need to enter $ signs or commas.
- Press the down arrow on your keyboard to proceed to the next record.
- Save your entries by clicking on the save icon on the top menu. The system will issue you a message confirming how many records were updated.
- Continue down the list entering the PTR or Merit figures.
Note: If you exceed the allocated pool, a warning message will appear indicating that your Total Pool Amount Allocated Exceeds Pool Benchmark.
Check your numbers and revise as necessary.
- If you are working with an Academic Pool, you will not be allowed to exceed the pool allotment. You MUST correct the data entry or refer to Special Merit below.
- If you are working with an Administrative Pool, you will be allowed to exceed the pool allotment and continue entering the remaining figures. The central fund will fund a maximum of 3% at the Divisional level.
- Select the next category you wish to work with and repeat the process.
- The Special Merit column is used to input the actual PTR allocation award given from the 5% Dean’s/Provost’s/Librarian pool. Awards entered in the Special Merit field will only impact the Dean’s/Provost’s pool balances.
Using the Phase 2 Salary Detail Edit Form
- Select the record to wish to view in detail and click on the display button or double click on the line of the record you wish to view.
- The Phase 2: Salary Edit Form will appear displaying the employee. You can only add/edit in three fields on this form PTR/Merit Actual, Special Merit and Notes.
- The PTR/Merit allotment for this staff member is displayed to the left in the PTR Contribution data box. Enter the PTR/Merit allocation for the first employee.
- The Special Merit column is used to input the actual PTR allocation award given from the 5% Dean’s/Provost’s/Librarian pool. Awards entered in the Special Merit field will not impact the pool balances. While the Special Merit pool totals are not displayed on the forms, you can see the totals on the B6 Phase 2 Reports.
- Data which is unavailable (i.e., for Senior Salaries and Special Merit) can be entered later when the figures are known.
Note: PTR/Merit Category, PTR/Merit Remaining Pool Amt and PTR/Merit Original Pool Amt are displayed at the centre of the screen on the right.
- If you exceed the allocated pool, a warning will inform you that the Total Pool Amount Allocated Exceeds Pool Benchmark.
Check your numbers and revise as necessary.
- If you are working with an Academic Pool, you will not be allowed to exceed the pool allotment. You MUST correct the data entry.
- If you are working with an administrative pool, you will be allowed exceed the pool allotment and continue entering the remaining figures. The central fund will fund a maximum of 3% at the Divisional level.
- To enter notes on a record, select the Display/Update Notes icon and enter your comments. Save your text before exiting from the Notes field using the green back arrow.
- You cannot save your entries while in the Salary Edit Detail Form. Green back arrow out of the Detail Form to the Dept PTR Spreadsheet Edit Overview and save your data.
Producing Hardcopy Screen Printouts
You can send a hardcopy of an individual salary record to your printer by clicking the local layout button on your SAP menu bar and selecting the Hardcopy function.