Office 365 Migration
Please visit EASI's Office 365 page for more information on Utmail+ and current Office 365 applications and service offerings.
In 2018 the University faculty and staff migrated to Office 365, joining the over 235,000 students and alumni currently using the service. The outcome of the migration included the replacement of the legacy UTORexchange and UTORmail services for faculty and staff. The UTORexchange equipment reached end-of-life, which meant that 20,000 UTORexchange accounts were migrated to UTmail+ powered by Office 365.
We engaged with colleagues from across the University’s faculties and divisions in advisory committees and working groups to better understand requirements and expectations, and to ensure the roll out actively involved the people most affected by the introduction of Office 365.
The migration to UTmail+ for Faculty & Staff was divided into three stages.
- Migration Preparation
- Migration / Implementation
- Post-Migration Support
Presentation by Ian Thomas at the August 31, 2017 Infotech meeting.
Downloadable PDFs, Scripts, and Files
Instructions and Scripts
- Setting up UTmail+ on iPhone (Mail app or Outlook)
- Setting up Outlook 2016 for UTmail+ on a Mac
- Setting up UTmail+ on Android (Gmail app or Outlook)
- Setting up Outlook 2016 for UTmail+ on Windows
- Using Skype for Business on a Mac – The Basics
- Using Skype for Business on Windows – The Basics
- iOS Contacts and Notes
- Backup your OneNote Files on Windows
- Personal Folders and Contacts on Windows Outlook 2016
Project Governance Committees & Subgroups
|Yes||2017||Office 365 Advisory and Implementation Working Group|
|Yes||2017||Office 365 Subgroups|
|Yes||2017||Office 365 Advisory Committee|
|Yes||2017||Office 365 Training, Support, and Communications Group|
|Yes||2017||Office 365 Change Advisory Board|
|No||2013||Faculty & Staff e-Communications Consultation Committee|
The Office 365 Foundational Roadmap shows the timeline for the integration and delivery of a number of O365 functions and features. It is available as a PDF.