U of T Enterprise Modernization Program
The U of T Enterprise Modernization Program is set to upgrade the Administrative Management Systems and transform the future for more than 33,000 staff and faculty.
In reviewing options to upgrade and modernize U of T Administrative Management Systems, Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI) will use the latest SAP technology to upgrade all systems – providing a consistent, intuitive and streamlined user experience.
The U of T Enterprise Modernization Program will transform the entire HR Talent Management Suite and the core HR, Research and Finance systems. This project will also upgrade existing technology to a more robust cloud platform with an in-memory database for faster system performance.
In 2023, EASI launched the next phase of the U of T Enterprise Modernization Project, called Employee Central.
HR Transformation (using SAP SuccessFactors)
- Staff Learning Management – Complete
- Performance and Goals – Complete
- Recruitment – Complete
- On-Boarding and Employee Central – 2024 to 2026
- Succession Planning – 2026 to 2027
Finance System Upgrade (S/4HANA) – Complete
Research System Upgrade (HANA) – Complete
Hardware/Database Upgrade (SAP HANA – in-memory database) – Complete
Human Resources Transformation (SAP SuccessFactors)
- A new “one-stop shop” with an integrated, flexible, and easy to use HR technology suite from hire to retire.
- A self-service experience that will increase engagement and reduce administration.
- Improved talent acquisition through advanced branding, marketing and onboarding career sites.
- Analytics allowing managers improved visibility into U of T talent pools.
- Ability to link learning to employee development goals and compliance training using dynamic online material or links to external online learning sources.
Financial and Research Transformation
- A new universal financial journal, significantly reducing system complexity/reconciliation efforts.
- Vast improvements in system performance with in-memory processing power.
- Availability of application specific analytics in new SAP products, as needed, when needed.
- New web development tools allowing for a consumer grade user experience for Research Services and other custom developed applications at U of T.
NEW SYSTEM LANDSCAPE