Alumni with legacy @utoronto.ca UTORmail email accounts who are not currently working or studying at U of T are being notified directly about their pre-scheduled migration and will follow these instructions after migration: https://uoft.me/alumnimailsetup
Shared mailboxes and student club mailboxes are in the final stages of decommissioning. If you need to upgrade an account where the UTORid used for login is not your personal one, please contact the Legacy Email team below.
Current staff, faculty and students are eligible to self-register for UTmail+ email service:
- Go to the UTORid Management page at https://utorid.utoronto.ca and click on the link “Reactivate current staff, faculty, and student UTmail+”. Follow the prompts to activate your mailbox.
- Wait about 3 hours before attempting to sign into your new inbox at https://mail.utoronto.ca.
- You can continue using Office 365 (UTmail+) email over the web, or configure a mail client such as Outlook to work with your new mailbox. Step-by-step documentation is available for various configurations in the Information Commons Knowledge Base.
- Recommended: Set up self-serve password reset. The UTORid Management website (https://utorid.utoronto.ca) provides you with the ability to change the password associated with your UTORid. If you have not changed your password since 2015, be sure to change it to meet the upgraded security requirements. It is also good practice to change your password regularly (such as annually) to reduce your risk of being hacked. Additionally, we recommend you set up the self-serve password reset feature on your account using the “set up your password reset/account management options” link on the UTORid Management site. Activating this feature will let you use a recovery email address or cellphone number to reset a forgotten password at your convenience, instead of needing to contact the Information Commons Help Desk.
- Recommended: Enroll in UTORMFA. The University of Toronto has launched UTORMFA, a multi-factor authentication solution that provides enhanced security for internal systems like UTmail+. If you are already enrolled in UTORMFA, your UTmail+ account will automatically be protected by UTORMFA. Active staff, faculty, and students can self-enroll or find out more by going to https://isea.utoronto.ca/services/utormfa/.
UTmail+ for Students
If you are a currently registered student, your primary school email address ends in “@mail.utoronto.ca”. Please inform your contacts of your email address change to minimize the risk of missed correspondence, and check your ACORN profile to make sure your contact information is updated.
For more information about UTmail+ for students, see https://easi.its.utoronto.ca/shared-services/office365/utmail/utmail-for-students/.
- If you are receiving an error when trying to sign into https://mail.utoronto.ca more than 24 hours after activating UTmail+, take a screenshot or copy down the text of the error message and open a ticket with the Information Commons Help Desk.
- If you are eligible for UTmail+ email service but are unable to reactivate, please fill out the Modification Request for UTmail+ Eligibility form explaining your eligibility. The Legacy Email team will contact you with further information on how to proceed.
- If you wish to export old UTORmail content before it is deleted, please open a ticket with the Information Commons Help Desk.