Jira Migration Project
In advance of Jira Server’s end of life on February 15, 2024, Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI) will be transitioning to Azure DevOps. In preparation for this deadline, EASI will be moving its teams and partner divisions to the Azure DevOps platform by end of November 2023.
- Divisions with 10 users or under can migrate to Jira Cloud for free or transition to Azure DevOps with EASI system administration and chargeback. See contact information below.
- Azure DevOps licenses will cost approximately CAD $8/month per user and stakeholder licenses are free. Learn more about pricing options.
EASI Staff and Divisional Partners (see list below for divisional partners):
- Partner divisions that work directly with EASI (e.g., testing, logging issues, new feature requests) will be transitioned to Azure DevOps with ongoing support. Licensing costs will be covered for EASI-related projects while non EASI-related projects can be moved to Jira Cloud or Azure DevOps.
- Records from Jira Server will remain as a read-only online archive for at least one year with access limited to team leads.
- Specific content can be migrated from Jira to Azure DevOps manually on an as-needed basis.
- New work items should be created in Azure DevOps.
EASI will be migrating all content from Confluence Server to Confluence Cloud. This transition will represent minimal change impact for users and further communications will follow.
- Provides managers and users with more visibility into work effort, resulting in improved workload management, expectation management and improved insights for strategic decision making.
- Aligns with U of T’s technical roadmap and future evolution with Microsoft.
- Improves operational reporting.
- Improves ability to deliver working code and effective applications.
- Standardizes the code base and reduces the cognitive load for developers.
- Improves continuous workflow.
- Improves team cross-functionality to accommodate additional workloads.
EASI PARTNER DIVISIONS
- Advancement Services
- Division of the Vice-President & Provost
- Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- Facilities & Services
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- Faculty of Arts & Science, Office of the Faculty Registrar
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Financial Services
- Office of Convocation
- People Strategy, Equity & Culture
- Planning and Budget
- Procurement Services
- University of Toronto Mississauga, Office of the Registrar
Laurel Williams, Project Lead, email@example.com