Student Information Systems Website Refresh
The Student Information Systems (SIS) team is working to replace its current SIS for Staff website with a more secure, modern, and up to date SharePoint site. It’s a development that will provide users with an improved user experience thanks to its new design, accessible interface, extended search results and accessibility features.
Users will be able to gain access to additional, secure information since SharePoint requires UTORid authentication. In addition to this added security, the SIS team has also worked on enhancing content accuracy, and website structure and design.
The new SIS SharePoint site is scheduled to launch later this fall.
SharePoint online is supported on several commonly used web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Edge.
Have questions? Check out this list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Will be more secure thanks to restricted access requiring login credentials.
- Will be available to Staff and Faculty only (including the Federated institutions).
- Will no longer be housed on public platforms (Google, WordPress).
- Will allow us to make more information available to ROSI users than we can currently have on a public site.
- Will help users to find information more easily.
- Will allow users to search across pages, files, names, titles and full text from the entire SharePoint site.
- Will provide a more user-friendly and accessible experience.
- Will provide us with tools that will keep the site up to date.
- Will improve productivity with streamlined and automated key processes.
- Will make it easier to transmit data, track information and manage documents.
- Will be available on mobile App and built-in responsive platform.
- Will include built-in accessibility features.
- Will provide a similar user experience with other EASI groups.
- Will integrate with the Enterprise Service Centre (ESC) for technical support and knowledge base articles.
Questions about our new site or content? Check out this list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have a question about the site or content, please submit a ticket in the Enterprise Service Centre (ESC).
If this has prompted questions about SharePoint more generally, please consult the SharePoint Support Centre or submit an ESC ticket to them via the Get Help form (select End User Computing > Microsoft Office 365 Applications > SharePoint Online).