In an effort to implement best practices and increase security, Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration is implementing a new password policy for U of T’s Administrative Management System. While this update will occur on Saturday, August 22, it will take effect when users are prompted for their regularly scheduled password change (this normally this happens every 90 days). Users will be provided with easy-to-follow instructions for their new password within SAP, which include the following:
- Minimum Password Length: 8
- On password change – at least one char to differentiate between old and new passwords
- At least one digit
- At least one letter
- At least one special character
- At least one lower-case character
- At least one upper-case character
- 5 records to be stored in the password history
Please note, that users’ UTORids will remain unaffected.
In order to implement this policy, the following Administrative Management Systems will not be available on Saturday, August 22 from 7 am to 12 pm:
- Employee Self-Service & Manager Self-Service (ESS/MSS)
- Expense Reimbursement Direct Deposit (ERDD)
- My Research
- Capital Project Portal and Invoice Workflow
Thank you for your patience as we make these improvements.