To: ROSI Users
From: Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration
Re: Connect+Learn: SIS Training Resources & Support Session
Dear SIS users,
The Student Information Systems team is excited to announce the launch of new monthly SIS Training Resources & Support Sessions aimed at providing valuable insights and guidance for new ROSI users. To facilitate their onboarding with ROSI, when new users are given their ROSI ID, we will also include an invitation to the next SIS Training Resources & Support Session.
We encourage all staff members who have started using ROSI in the past couple of months to join the first session on Thursday, November 02.
SIS Training Resources & Support Sessions:
In these sessions, we will cover the following key topics:
- ROSI and OASIS Training Materials and Resources: We will introduce you to the various training materials and resources available to help you get up to speed with using ROSI effectively.
- Student Information Systems – What We Do and How to Get Help: We will provide a comprehensive overview of the SIS role and how you can seek assistance when needed.
- What we support and what we do not (and where to go for those): We will clarify what SIS supports and what falls outside our scope. This will help you navigate which issues to direct to us and which ones to handle differently.
- When to Use the Enterprise Service Centre (ESC) and How to Write a Ticket: We will explain the circumstances under which you should use the ESC process and guide you on the proper way to create a ticket for assistance.
Sessions for Experienced Users:
For those who are more experienced ROSI users, we will be offering a separate set of sessions throughout the year. These sessions will cover a range of topics, including:
- Activities that occur once a cycle and may require annual reviews.
- Advanced topics to deepen your ROSI knowledge.
- Updates on new functionality as it is rolled out.
- Occasional “Ask Us Anything” sessions where you can get your specific questions answered.
We will provide advance notice of these sessions, so you can plan to attend those that align with your interests and needs.
Our goal is to empower every staff member with the skills and knowledge needed to use ROSI with ease and to ensure a smooth experience for all users.
We look forward to your participation and engagement in these sessions.
If you have any immediate questions or suggestions for specific topics you’d like to see covered, please submit your idea using this form.
Student Information Systems