To: Business Officers and Telecomm Administrators
From: F.A.S.T., Financial Services Department and Telecommunications Department
Re: Improved VoIP Reporting and Automated Billing Launches Today
To all Business Officers and Telecomm Administrators,
This is a reminder that as of today U of T will be moving to an automated billing process with custom SAP Reports to increase efficiency and provide more transparency, including complete costs for line charges, hardware, long distance and the details of each charge.
Since early 2017, U of T has been transitioning over 12,000 faculty and staff from a Bell phone system to VoIP. Now that this massive initiative is almost complete, Financial Services and Information Technology Services are excited to improve reporting and billing for end users – with the VoIP Billing Project.
What changes will you notice after June 15?
- You will see two new reports – VoIP Recurring and Hardware Charges, and VoIP Long Distance
- Billing transactions will be posted using an automated billing program
- May 2020 VoIP charges will be posted on June 15 with Billing Period 202005
- June 2020 VoIP charges will be billed before month end with Billing Period 202006
Interested in learning more? Attend our upcoming online information sessions (Microsoft Teams):
- Transparent process that shows accurate and complete charges in two new reports
- Increased efficiency with reports that span multiple billing months or a range of months
- Faster reconciling and reporting with improved filtering, and ability to view sub-totals and totals
- Increased efficiency and flexibility by using the default report layout or creating custom report layouts
- Improved reporting and transparency on rejected charges, allowing staff to be more proactive in managing budgets
- Increased data integrity with automated process
For questions related to the VoIP billing reports, please contact your FAST Team Faculty Representative
For questions related to VoIP billing charges, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the project in this article.
Chris Dimitriadis – Manager, F.A.S.T., Financial Services Department
Tony Danas – Manager, Telecommunications Department