U of T is currently working to replace its current phonebook directory with a more modern, accurate and mobile-friendly website – it’s a development that will provide users with a completely revamped and accessible interface, available on tablets and phones.
Since fall 2019, Information Technology Services along with Human Resources & Equity have worked to improve data accuracy and have also conducted extensive research, design and usability testing across all three campuses.
The Public Search Module launched on July 29 and the Authenticated Search and Departmental Administrator Modules launched on August 11.
WHAT WILL USERS BE ABLE TO DO?
This new phonebook directory will ease Departmental Administrators’ workload, since staff and faculty can update secondary information (for example alternate email/phone number). Primarily, Departmental Administrators will need to maintain departmental-specific contact information.
Staff and faculty can select pre-existing information:
- HR phone number (the phone number HR will use in official communications to staff and faculty)
- HR contact email (the email HR will use in official communications to staff and faculty)
Staff and faculty can update:
- Secondary phone number (cell phone or U of T number)
- Additional U of T email addresses (e.g. rotman.utoronto.ca)
- Manage departmental contact information
- Update employee records as required
Couldn't attend the training sessions or want to review the information again? Check out a recording in Microsoft Stream.
Public Search – Available to all internal and external users
- Will allow for users to easily search for staff, faculty members and division or department information.
- Will offer more reliable and robust data due to a new process flow, continuous data cleansing and automation.
- Similar to Google, the site will take the guesswork out of searching by providing autosuggestions, and will guide people through the searching process with helpful tips.
- Will display helpful information from all three campuses, including emergency, media and safety contacts.
- Will provide a more modern user experience, which is accessible and mobile-friendly.
Authenticated Search – Available to U of T staff and faculty when they log in using their UTORid
- Will provide a self-serve option, allowing users to update their contact information.
- Will allow users to download a list of search results and departmental contacts.
Departmental Administrator Module
Will ease Departmental Administrators’ workload, since staff and faculty can update secondary information (for example alternate email/phone number). Primarily, Departmental Administrators will need to maintain departmental-specific contact information.
Questions or need help? Submit a ticket to the Enterprise Service Centre.