Date: October 5, 2020
To: Faculty Registrars
From: Planning Analytics
Re: November 1, 2020 – Count Procedures
In order to assist you in preparing for the November 1 count, please refer to the procedures below. The COUNT DATE is as at November 1 and the COUNT RETRIEVAL DATE will be on the evening of Friday, November 6. This allows divisions extra time to update ROSI to the November 1 status. On November 6, all academic activities that were approved on or before November 1 will be picked up for each student. Academic activities that do not have APProved status on or before November 1 will be excluded. There is no need to “freeze” processing to ROSI records between November 1 and November 6 as long as all amendments have the correct effective date associated with them.
- Please run the COUNT-DATE-PREPARATION programs in ROSI – direct command 4 B B as early as you can before the count retrieval date (November 6). These programs will help you identify student records that may require adjustments. Examine the outputs and enter corrections/changes to the student’s record on or before the retrieval date.
- As in past years, it is essential that data such as LEGAL STATUS and COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP be complete. We have very little leeway for ‘not reported’ data in DATE OF BIRTH and MOTHER TONGUE, so please make these as complete as you can. It is also important that permanent address be available.
- The ROSI program “Registrations Containing Anomalous Data – direct command 4 B B G will be of assistance in identifying records needing data adjustment. It is highly recommended that you run this program as early as possible as follow-up with students may be necessary.
- On the evening of the retrieval date (November 6), Planning & Budget will run the retrieval program and will retrieve records of all students with academic activity starting between September 1 and November 1. For the November count, academic activities will be counted as at November 1. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ACADEMIC ACTIVITY APPROVAL DATES and REGISTRATION EFFECTIVE DATES ARE SET TO NOVEMBER 1 OR EARLIER for those students who are legitimately in a course but whose ROSI records were not updated until after November 1. This would include FINCAd registrations which were later re-instated with a status of REG.
- After the count retrieval, you will receive an e-mail notification that your division’s report datasets have been created. This is an additional check in ensuring that no students have been missed.
- After the count date and before November 12, please notify us if substantive changes need to be made to your division’s records. You can also notify us of any additional registrations between November 2 and November 12 although we cannot guarantee that they will be added to the count.
- Documents supporting the exempt status of international students who have been exempted from paying international fees must be on file in your division and available for reference. ROSI screen 4 B B D should help to identify such students.
If you have any questions or if you need clarification, please contact Planning & Analytics by email at email@example.com. You may also contact SIS Client Services and Process Integration via the Enterprise Service Centre (ESC).