Phonebook Directory Refresh
U of T has replaced its phonebook directory with a more modern, accurate and mobile-friendly website – it’s a development that provides users with a completely revamped and accessible interface, available on tablets and phones.
Information Technology Services along with Human Resources & Equity worked to improve data accuracy. Throughout the process, they conducted extensive research, design and usability testing across all three campuses.
The Public Search Module launched on July 29, 2020 and the Authenticated Search and Departmental Administrator Modules launched on August 11, 2020.
WHAT CAN USERS DO?
This new phonebook directory eases Departmental Administrators’ workloads, since staff and faculty can update secondary information (for example alternate email/phone number). Primarily, Departmental Administrators will need to maintain departmental-specific contact information.
Staff and faculty can select pre-existing information:
- HR phone number (the phone number HR will use in official communications to staff and faculty)
- HR contact email (the email HR will use in official communications to staff and faculty)
Staff and faculty can update:
- Secondary phone number (cell phone or U of T number)
- Additional U of T email addresses (e.g. rotman.utoronto.ca)
- Manage departmental contact information
- Update employee records as required
Public Search – Available to all internal and external users
- Allows users to easily search for staff, faculty members and division or department information.
- Offers more reliable and robust data due to a new process flow, continuous data cleansing and automation.
- Similar to Google, the site takes the guesswork out of searching by providing autosuggestions, and guides people through the searching process with helpful tips.
- Displays helpful information from all three campuses, including emergency, media and safety contacts.
- Provides a more modern user experience, which is accessible and mobile-friendly.
Authenticated Search – Available to U of T staff and faculty when they log in using their UTORid
- Provides a self-serve option, allowing users to update their contact information.
- Allows users to download a list of search results and departmental contacts in PDF and CSV formats.
Departmental Administrator Module
- Eases Departmental Administrators’ workloads, since staff and faculty can update secondary information (for example alternate email/phone number). Primarily, Departmental Administrators will need to maintain departmental-specific contact information.
Questions or need help? Submit a ticket to the Enterprise Service Centre.