To: Rocket Shuttle Users
From: Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration
Re: Rocket Shuttle Migration Update and Resources
Dear past and present Rocket Shuttle users,
Thank you for taking the time to meet with the Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI) team over the past few months to prepare for the Rocket Shuttle Migration. As you are aware, EASI will be replacing Rocket Shuttle with Azure Data Studio and Power BI on May 17, 2023, which aligns with the expiry of U of T’s Rocket Shuttle license.
To avoid any issues with converting queries and transitioning to new applications, we are encouraging most users to prepare well in advance of this deadline and to offboard from Rocket Shuttle by April 6, 2023 (this excludes select users who will be offboarded at the end of license due to business reasons).
To support you in this transition, here are some additional updates and resources:
- Watch introductory videos for Azure Data Studio and Power BI. We are currently working on intermediate and advanced-level videos and will notify the community when they are complete.
- Drop in for online support on an upcoming Wednesday (March 29, April 5 and April 12) between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. Find details on the Rocket Shuttle Migration project page.
- Participate in the Power BI & Azure Data Studio Community Channel. We have migrated the ITS EASI RocketWeb User Group into this channel to provide a consistent user experience. If you would like to unsubscribe, simply click on the three dots by the channel name and click “Leave team.”
- For community query users, we are currently testing these queries and will send separate, targeted communications in April when they have been fully validated.
- Visit the Power BI Toolbox and Rocket Shuttle Migration project page for more resources, including a 30-minute presentation, guides, FAQs, links to troubleshooting and more.
Thank you again for your help with this project and ensuring U of T is prepared for the end of the Rocket Shuttle license.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Babcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.