The Office 365 (UTmail+) email service offers significant improvements over legacy UTORmail accounts, including:
- Increased default storage capacity (from 200 MB on UTORmail to 50,000 MB or more).
- Can be configured for desktops, laptops, phones and tablets, as well as web access.
- Productivity features including calendaring, notifications and seamless integration with Microsoft 365 products and services in use at U of T.
- Security features including automatic linkage with UTORMFA (U of T’s multi-factor authentication service), improved spam filtering and phish reporting.
- Built-in accessibility features for reading and writing emails.
To learn more about Office 365 (UTmail+) features, please see the UTmail+ summary page.
General resources on how to use Microsoft-based email:
- Staff and faculty can access instructor-led and self-learning courses through the EASI Microsoft 365 Training Centre.
- Tips and tricks from the Information Commons Knowledge Base: help.ic.utoronto.ca > Knowledge Base > Email + Office 365 Apps > UTmail+.
- Microsoft’s own documentation for getting started with email.
All University of Toronto email accounts are subject to relevant guidelines and policies as described here.
Note that inappropriate account usage, including for commercial or personal gain, can result in immediate termination of the account.