To: Infotech Listserv
From: Enterprise Applications and Solutions Integration
Re: Electronic Signature Information
We are excited to announce that a new electronic signature, self-service SharePoint Centre of Excellence site https://utoronto.sharepoint.com/sites/its-easi-esignature is now available for use.
The new SharePoint site has been a joint effort between Information Technology Services and divisional representatives to provide resources and guidance for divisions interested in e-signature solutions. E-signatures have been legal in Canada since 2004 and endorsed by PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act), however COVID-19 times have created new urgencies to digitize and optimize some processes where signatures are required.
The site provides detailed information on:
- Products and options on various signature solutions including those currently being utilized at the university
- Guidelines for Electronic Signature Assurance
- Common use cases & recommendations
- Guidance for managing signed files
- Frequently asked questions
If you have any further questions, please contact us via the feedback form available.
Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI)