To: Faculty Registrars
From: Planning Analytics
Re: February 1, 2021 – Count Procedures
In order to assist you in preparing for the February 1 count, please refer to the procedures below. The COUNT DATE is as at February 1 and the COUNT RETRIEVAL DATE will be on the evening of Wednesday February 10. This allows divisions extra time to update ROSI to the February 1 status. On February 10, all academic activities that were approved on or before February 1 will be picked up for each student. Academic activities that do not have APProved status on or before February 1 will be excluded. There is no need to “freeze” processing to ROSI records between February 1 and February 10 as long as all amendments have the correct effective date associated with them.
- Please run the COUNT-DATE-PREPARATION programs in ROSI – direct command 4 B B as early as you can before the count retrieval date (February 10). These programs will help you identify student records that may require adjustments. Examine the outputs and enter corrections/changes to the student’s record on or before the retrieval date.
- As in past years, it is essential that data such as LEGAL STATUS and COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP be complete. We have very little leeway for ‘not reported’ data in DATE OF BIRTH and MOTHER TONGUE, so please make these as complete as you can. It is also important that permanent address be available.
- The ROSI program “Registrations Containing Anomalous Data – direct command 4 B B G will be of assistance in identifying records needing data adjustment. It is highly recommended that you run this program as early as possible as follow-up with students may be necessary.
- On the evening of the retrieval date (February 10), Planning & Budget will run the retrieval program and will retrieve records of all students with academic activity starting between November 2, 2020 and February 1, 2021. For the February count, academic activities will be counted as at February 1, 2021.
- This year, the FINCA run will be on January 18 so that no-shows will be excluded from the count. It will no longer be necessary to re-invite students who are FINCAd. However, PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ACADEMIC ACTIVITY APPROVAL DATES and REGISTRATION EFFECTIVE DATES ARE SET TO FEBRUARY 1 OR EARLIER for those students who are legitimately in a course but whose ROSI records were not updated until after February 1. This would include FINCAd registrations which were later re-instated with a status of REG.
- After the count retrieval, you will receive an e-mail notification that your division’s report datasets have been created. This is an additional check in ensuring that no students have been missed.
- After the count date and before February 16, please notify us if substantive changes need to be made to your division’s records. You can also notify us of any additional registrations between February 11 and February 16 although we cannot guarantee that they will be added to the count.
- Documents supporting the exempt status of international students who have been exempted from paying international fees must be on file in your division and available for reference. ROSI screen 4 B B D should help to identify such students.
If you have any questions or if you need clarification, please contact Planning & Analytics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact SIS Client Services and Process Integration via the Enterprise Service Centre (ESC).