After conducting an in-depth analysis of web-based administrative management systems, EASI has created a list of known browser issues to help improve user experience.
- ERDD has no known browser issues at this time.
- Capital Projects Portal has no known browser issues at this time.
- uSource has no known browser issues at this time.
- Administrative Web Systems (ESS, MSS, My Research):
- Microsoft Edge does not work well consistently with all applications and is not recommended.
- In all browsers, some users may not be able to view their T4 information unless they reduce their screen resolution to 80% or below.
- If Export to Excel functionality does not work, try option 1 mentioned below. If this does not work, try option 2a or 2b.
- Go to Internet Options > Security > Trusted sites
- Add https://ppm-wd.utoronto.ca to Trusted sites and remove ams-wd.utoronto.ca from Trusted sites.
If option 1 fails, try option 2.
- Go to Internet Options > Security > Local intranet
- Add https://ams-wd.utoronto.ca to the local intranet sites.
- Go to Internet Option > Security > Local intranet
- Add https://ppm-wd.utoronto.ca to the local intranet sites as well.
- Remove https://ams-wd.utoronto.ca from the Trusted sites list as per the screenshots below.
- Chrome (e.g. version 78.0.3904.70) – the user will see the “closing sessions” spinning wheel in the lower left-hand corner and the “Log off” link will disappear from the upper right-hand corner.
- IE – users will sometimes get a500 Internal Server Error message in IE when running the Status History report for a protocol. The same report on the same protocol will work fine in other browsers.
- Firefox (version 42.0) – the user designate function does not work.