|Date:||September 11, 2020|
|From:||Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration|
|Re:||AMS Outages – SAP Enterprise Modernization|
Dear all AMS users,
As you may be aware, Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI) is launching the next phase of an upgrade to the Administrative Management Systems (AMS). As part of this phase, called the S/4HANA Migration, we are moving to a new platform. The transition to the new platform requires several cutover dry runs (i.e. simulating the actual Go Live weekend’s activities) prior to the Go Live itself to ensure all functions will continue to work properly.
As a result, all administrative management systems (see below for the specific affected systems) marked with an “x” will be offline on the following dates:
|Affected Systems||Cutover Dry Run #1
Friday, September 25 from 5:00 p.m. to Monday, September 28 at 7:00 a.m.
|Cutover Dry Run #2
Friday, October 9 from 5:00 p.m. to Tuesday, October 13 at 7 a.m.
|Pre Go Live Prep
Saturday, October 24 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|October Fiscal Month End & November 3 Bi-weekly Pay
Friday, October 30 from 5:00 p.m. to Saturday, October 31 at 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 31 from 12:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 3 at 7:00 a.m.
|AMS (FIS, HRIS and RIS)||X||X||X||X||X|
|Capital Project Portal and Invoice Workflow||X||X||X||X||X|
|Employee Self-Service & Manager Self-Service (ESS/Portal)||X||X||X||✓||X|
|Expense Reimbursement Direct Deposit (ERDD Availability)||X||X||X||X||X|
|My Research (MR/Portal)||X||X||X||✓||X|
|Performance, Learning & Recruiting (SuccessFactors)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
*The systems that have a checkmark will be available during the regularly published availability hours. See the website for more details.
- Reminder communications to end users will be provided regarding the system availability surrounding the Go Live weekend.
- Targeted communication regarding the November 3 Bi-weekly pay will be sent separately.
- RPT instance/clone (containing October Month End + November 3 Bi-weekly pay) will be available to end users on Monday, November 2 (and beyond) so that Business Officers (and anyone else) can review their pre- migration balances and reports and begin/complete the reconciliation of their October Month End balances.
- Documentation will be made available to provide some guidance on how to “back out” the November 3 payroll activity from their Funds Management report balances so they can reconcile to their October Month End Monthly Statement of Account balances.
- The Student Information Systems will still be available during these outages.
- As we move closer to the Go Live date, additional detailed communication and documentation will be provided.
Learn more about the U of T Enterprise Modernization Program.
Thank you for your support in making these improvements.
Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI)