To: ACE-IT, EITU, InfoTech, AMS
From: Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration
Re: EASI launches new Microsoft 365 training program
Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration (EASI) is excited to announce the launch of two new Microsoft 365 courses for the University of Toronto (U of T) community: Introduction to Microsoft 365 @ U of T and High Performance Collaboration. Created in collaboration with the U of T community, these courses respond to a clear need for a training curriculum to assist University employees in better leveraging the Microsoft 365 tools available through the University.
The courses are now available via the University’s SuccessFactors site. Interested community members can register for instructor-led sessions, or access over 100 new University-specific micro-learning videos on a range of Microsoft topics. In addition to this, EASI has also launched a new Microsoft Training Centre website to provide the U of T community with a training library and additional information.
We are thrilled to deliver these important new resources to the University community. Please share this announcement with your divisional contacts, and review this email to learn more about:
- The courses that are being offered.
- The formats the courses are offered in.
For more background on our new Microsoft training offerings, please read this article from EASI: https://easi.its.utoronto.ca/u-of-t-launches-comprehensive-microsoft-365-training/.
Introduction to Microsoft 365 @ U of T
Introduction to Microsoft 365 @ U of T is a course for those new to the University of Toronto, Microsoft 365, or both. It’s your first week on the job, but where do you begin when it comes to using different Microsoft tools, and how can they help make your job easier? Perhaps you’ve been at the University for years, but have only used Outlook and want to continue to build your knowledge of different tools.
This course provides U of T employees with a foundational overview of using key Microsoft applications in an administrative context. Tools discussed include Outlook, Teams and OneDrive.
High Performance Collaboration
High Performance Collaboration is for those who are already familiar with the basic functions of applications such as OneDrive, Outlook and Teams and would like to learn more. High Performance Collaboration offers University employees new ways to use Microsoft 365 tools more confidently, productively and collaboratively.
Building on the foundation laid out by Introduction to Microsoft 365 @ U of T, High Performance Collaboration delves into key Microsoft 365 productivity applications to offer new perspectives on how to use tools such as Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Stream and Forms.
Built with the current remote work environment in mind, we are offering the courses in three formats:
- Instructor-Led: An instructor-led version of each course will be offered on a monthly basis. The courses will currently be offered over Teams, but will shift to in-person instruction once possible. Individuals can register for upcoming sessions via SuccessFactors.
- Self-Paced: An easy-to-navigate pre-recorded version of both courses is available in SuccessFactors. Access over 100 microlessons and take a course from beginning to end, or watch the micro-learning videos individually based on subject.
- By Request: Divisions can work collaboratively with EASI to create and deliver a customized version of either course. EASI will train a representative to deliver divisional training going forward.
Please contact Kathleen McLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this new training curriculum.