The embedded poll feature is not yet available in Stream (on SharePoint). However, it is important to note that you will not lose access to any existing polls after Stream Classic is retired: polls attached to Stream Classic videos will continue to be available via the Microsoft 365 Forms app as they are stored separately. We will update the community if/when this feature becomes available for Stream (on SharePoint). Alternative solutions at this time could include:
- Pasting a link to the poll in the video’s description on Stream Classic.
- Adding a video to a Forms poll using these instructions.
- Creating a SharePoint page to show a video and a poll side-by-side. Please reach out to the University’s SharePoint team via uoft.me/sharepoint for more information.
Downloaded videos: If you decide to download your Stream Classic videos and upload them to a Microsoft video storage service like OneDrive or SharePoint, or an alternative video storage service like MyMedia, the links in Quercus will no longer work after August 28. You should update your video links in Quercus to point to the new storage location.
Migrated videos: If you requested a video migration through our support team, the Stream Classic links on your Quercus page will automatically redirect to the new video location. However, it is important to be aware of the following limitations:
- The redirects only work for the destination folder of your migrated videos. If you move the files to a different location the redirect links will cease to work.
- Microsoft has indicated that the redirect links will only work until February 2025.
We recommend that all users with Stream Classic video links update them in Quercus as soon as possible. If you have a large volume of links embedded in Quercus, please reach out to our support team.