Starting in November 2020, U of T will launch the next phase of the U of T Enterprise Modernization Program, called the S/4HANA Migration. This phase of the five-year program represents an upgrade of the Administrative Management Systems (AMS).
While changes to business processes will be minimal, the transition will create the foundation for improved overall system performance and future modernization of the SAP systems at U of T.
U of T’s Financial Information System will be a core part of this upgrade and will transition to a highly responsive system, since the new system will be a transactional and reporting system built into one. As well, the upgrade will improve speed and reporting for the Human Resources Information System and Research Information System in the future. The platform will also have the potential to provide an improved user interface as well as enhanced analytics and better insights into reporting.
Read more to find out about:
The transition to the new platform requires several cutover dry runs (i.e. simulating the actual Go Live weekend’s activities) prior to the Go Live itself to ensure all functions will continue to work properly. As a result, some administrative management systems will be offline on the dates below. See the full schedule for more details.
|Cutover Dry Run #1||Friday, September 25 from 5pm to Monday, September 28 at 7am|
|Cutover Dry Run #2||Saturday, October 10 from 12pm to Tuesday, October 13 at 7am|
|Pre Go Live Prep||Saturday, October 24 from 7am to 7pm|
|October Fiscal Month End & November 3 Bi-weekly Pay||Friday, October 30 from 5pm to Saturday, October 31 at 12pm|
|Go Live||Saturday, October 31 from 12pm to Tuesday, November 3 at 7am|
Changes to Payroll
The bi-weekly payroll run currently scheduled for 5pm on Tuesday, November 3 has been rescheduled to 5pm on Friday, October 30. As a result, the deadline to submit change requests and forms has been moved from Friday, October 30 to Wednesday, October 28.
If you would like to learn more about this project, please join us for a general overview that will provide details on:
- Project Background
- Changes to Expect with this Release
- Available Training and Support
Thursday, October 22 from 12 to 12:30pm
See a recording of the Connect+Learn Session held on October 15:
Changes to RPT
- The last time that RPT will be refreshed will be October 31, 2020, at 12:00 p.m.
- RPT instance/clone (containing October Month End + November 3 Bi-weekly pay) will be available to end-users on Monday, November 2 (and beyond) so that Business Officers (and anyone else) can review their pre-migration balances and reports and begin/complete the reconciliation of their October Month End balances.
- Documentation will be made available to provide guidance on how to “back out” the November 3 payroll activity from their Funds Management report balances so they can reconcile to their October Month End Monthly Statement of Account balances.
- After the S/4HANA migration, you will be able to use AMS to run your reports with the following improvements:
- Added horsepower to the AMS system.
- A new database called AMS HANA that lays the foundation for future improved performance.
- To further mitigate the impact of this change, we will be reducing our scheduled downtimes – please stay tuned for the details. It is anticipated that the new 24/7 reporting solution will be available by the holiday shutdown period. The EASI team will be optimizing the post go-live downtime periods in November and December to ensure maximum availability.
- A link to the new reporting landing page (with login using UTORid) will be provided on the Administrative Web Services webpage in advance of the holiday shutdown period.
SAP GUI Upgrade
Before the university-wide transition to the new S/4HANA platform in November, all SAP GUI users will need to be upgraded from SAP GUI 7.5 Patch 12 (Enjoy theme) to SAP GUI 7.6 Patch 6 (Blue Crystal theme). To ensure you are prepared for the system migration, please contact your local IT administrator if the updated SAP GUI software has not yet been deployed to your computer.
AMS Software Downloads
- Instructions for Automatic Deployment of SAP GUI 7.6 Patch 6 for Windows (PDF)
- Instructions for Manual Deployment of SAP GUI 7.6 Patch 6 for Windows (PDF)
- Instructions for Manual Deployment of SAP GUI 7.6 Patch 6 for Windows (Video)
If you are using a Mac, the SAP GUI versions and features are different than Windows - no SAPGUI 7.6 for Mac has been released yet. We still recommend that users use the SAP GUI 7.5 patch 10. If you are not updating the Mac SAP GUI version, at a minimum Mac users need to update the connection details for the new HANA systems.
Please see these instructions for MacOS Manual Deployment of SAP GUI for JAVA Revision 10. If you do not have a managed desktop or a local IT administrator, you can submit a ticket to the Enterprise Service Centre.
Please review this PDF to understand the minimal differences between the Enjoy and Blue Crystal themes. As also mentioned in the PDF, please do not use new shortcuts/logon entries until further notice.